2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For information on COVID-19:
Ohio Department of Health Call Center
Open 7 days/week, 9am – 8pm
Prior to coming to your COVID-19 vaccine appointment you will need to complete the Immunization Adult Health History-COVID form. To view the form click HERE . If you are unable to print a form one will be provided upon your arrival.
Media Release from the Mayor and the Massillon City Health Department
Health Commissioner Announcements
- 1/12/2021 Announcement of COVID-19 Phase 1B Registration – Click here to view the announcement.
- 12/3/2020 Media Release – Due to Stark County moving to Public Emergency Level 4 – Purple of the Ohio Advisory system, the Massillon City Health Department building is closed. Please click HERE to view how you can still access our services. Please call (330) 830-1710 with questions or concerns.
- 12/3/2020 Media Release – Stark County has been elevated to Public Emergency Level 4 – Purple of the Ohio Advisory system. Please click HERE to view guidance from all of the Stark County Health Departments.
- 10/31/2020 Media Release – Massillon City Schools return all Gorrell Elementary School students to remote learning beginning Monday, November 2nd, through Friday, November 13th, 2020. If you have any questions please contact the Massillon City Health Department, Nursing Division at (330) 830-1714. Click here to view the media release.
- 10/20/2020 Media Release – The City of Massillon Halloween House Decorating Contest. Click here to view the media release. Submit your picture by October 28th to email address: email@example.com
- COVID-19 Letter from the Health Commissioner to Faith Based Community – 8/5/2020
- Carta COVID-19 de la Comisionada de Salud a la Comunidad Religiosa
- Vital Statistics re-opening on May 19, 2020
- Garage sales during COVID-19 – 4/20/2020
- COVID-19 Guidance – 4/17/2020
- COVID-19 Letter from the Health Commissioner to Businesses and Residents – 3/31/2020
- COVID-19 Carta de la Comisionada de Sal – July ud a Empresas y Residentes – 3/31/2020
COVID-19 Testing Sites
- 7/23/2020 UPDATE: Stark County Health Departments issue statement on the State of Ohio Mask/Face Covering Mandate – see the statement here.
- Governor DeWine issued a Director’s Order for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio on 7/23/2020 – see the order here.
- Massillon City Board of Health adopts a resolution declaring racism a public health crisis. See the resolution here.
- Read about Governor DeWine’s Mask Order and Travel Advisory here.
- 7/2/2020 UPDATE: FDA warns consumers of risk of methanol contamination in certain hand sanitizers. For more information, click here.
- Coping with stress during a pandemic – click here.
- Times of stress can lead to alcohol and substance abuse – click here for help.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet – Chinese
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet – English
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet – Spanish
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Lo que necesita saber sobre El Coronavirus de COVID-19
COVID-19 Epi Reports for Stark County
- December 8, 2020
- December 11, 2020
- December 15, 2020
- December 22, 2020
- December 29, 2020
- January 2, 2021
- January 5, 2021
- January 8, 2021
- January 12, 2021
- January 15, 2021
The Massillon City School District will begin delivering meals to e-learners beginning Monday, September 28th!
Beginning Monday, September 28, 2020, Massillon City School District’s food truck will begin delivering meals to e-learners. Students will be given five days’ worth of breakfast and five days’ worth of lunches at a time. Please ONLY visit one stop once per week to ensure all students have access to meals. Click below to view the flyer with the locations and times.
A Special Message from our Health Department
The Massillon City Health Department has monthly Board meetings, and all meetings are open to the public. The Health Department remains open during Board meetings. Please click to view the Board meeting schedule.
The responsibility of the Massillon City Health Department is to protect the citizens of Massillon against disease. In honor of that duty, and with approval from the Mayor, the Board of Health meetings will be held via teleconference.
Reminder: Our office will be closed on the following dates. Please click to view schedules.
Our offices will close at Noon on the following dates:
Thursday, December 24, 2020 (Christmas Eve)
Thursday, December 31, 2020 (New Year’s Eve)
Check Facebook for additional departmental closures.
In the event of a public health Emergency, Class A (1) reportable disease or bioterrorism event, call (330) 830-1710 between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday. To reach the Health Department after those hours, contact 911 or the Massillon Police Department at (330) 832-9811.
The mission of the Massillon City Health Department is to help promote and protect the health and well-being of the citizens in the Massillon Community.
A community where all residents have access to services to achieve a healthy lifestyle both mentally and physically.
M – Mission and vision driven
C – Community focused
H – Health equity for all
D – Disease prevention and education
The Stark County Public Health Emergency Response Plan (PHERP) establishes the basis for coordination of the four local health departments (Alliance City Health Department, Canton City Public Health, Massillon City Health Department, and the Stark County Health Department), resources, and response, to provide public health and medical services during an emergency or disaster. We invite you to view the Stark County Public Health Emergency Response Plan, and please feel free to ask any questions regarding the plan itself or our planning efforts with our community partners.
Please click the link below. Any questions or comments can be directed to Amy Ascani at (330) 493-9904 Ext. 2001.