Operating responsibly during the COVID-19 Pandemic
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For information on COVID-19:
Ohio Department of Health Call Center
Open 7 days/week, 9am – 8pm
Prior to coming to your COVID-19 vaccine appointment you will need to complete the Immunization Adult Health History-COVID form. If you are unable to print a form one will be provided upon your arrival.
Media Release from the Mayor and the Massillon City Health Department
Health Commissioner Announcements
- 3/4/2021 Announcement of The Massillon City Health Department’s COVID-19 vaccine registration process. View the announcement.
- 3/3/2021 Announcement – Governor DeWine has outlined the individuals who are included in Phase1C and Phase 2 of Ohio’s vaccination plan. View more information
- 1/27/2021 Announcement of COVID-19 Vaccine online wait list information – View the announcement. Waitlist registration information.
- 1/12/2021 Announcement of COVID-19 Phase 1B Registration – View the announcement.
- 12/3/2020 Media Release – Due to Stark County moving to Public Emergency Level 4 – Purple of the Ohio Advisory system, the Massillon City Health Department building is closed. More information to Access our services. Please call (330) 830-1710 with questions or concerns.
- 12/3/2020 Media Release – Stark County has been elevated to Public Emergency Level 4 – Purple of the Ohio Advisory system. Information about guidance to all of the Stark County Health Departments.
- 10/31/2020 Media Release – Massillon City Schools return all Gorrell Elementary School students to remote learning beginning Monday, November 2nd, through Friday, November 13th, 2020. If you have any questions please contact the Massillon City Health Department, Nursing Division at (330) 830-1714. More Information on the media release.
- 10/20/2020 Media Release – The City of Massillon Halloween House Decorating Contest. Submit your picture by October 28th to email address: email@example.com
- COVID-19 Letter from the Health Commissioner to Faith Based Community – 8/5/2020
- Carta COVID-19 de la Comisionada de Salud a la Comunidad Religiosa
- Vital Statistics re-opening on May 19, 2020
- Garage sales during COVID-19 – 4/20/2020
- COVID-19 Guidance – 4/17/2020
- COVID-19 Letter from the Health Commissioner to Businesses and Residents – 3/31/2020
- COVID-19 Carta de la Comisionada de Sal – July ud a Empresas y Residentes – 3/31/2020
COVID-19 Testing Sites
- 7/23/2020 UPDATE: Stark County Health Departments issue statement on the State of Ohio Mask/Face Covering Mandate – View the statement.
- Governor DeWine issued a Director’s Order for Facial Coverings throughout the State of Ohio on 7/23/2020 – View the order.
- Massillon City Board of Health adopts a resolution declaring racism a public health crisis. See the resolution.
- Read about Governor DeWine’s Mask Order and Travel Advisory.
- 7/2/2020 UPDATE: FDA warns consumers of risk of methanol contamination in certain hand sanitizers. View more information.
- Coping with stress during a pandemic – View the information.
- Times of stress can lead to alcohol and substance abuse – Find help for these problems.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet – Chinese
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet – English
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet – Spanish
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Lo que necesita saber sobre El Coronavirus de COVID-19
COVID-19 Epi Reports for Stark County
The Massillon City School District will begin delivering meals to e-learners beginning Monday, September 28th!
Beginning Monday, September 28, 2020, Massillon City School District’s food truck will begin delivering meals to e-learners. Students will be given five days’ worth of breakfast and five days’ worth of lunches at a time. Please ONLY visit one stop once per week to ensure all students have access to meals. Click below to view the flyer with the locations and times.